Low Impact Living: A Guide To Cardboard Furniture
Cardboard is a durable, earth-friendly material consisting of paper and wood pulp. Many people are now opting to use heavy cardboard as a medium for furniture because of its versatility and environmental friendliness. Furniture made from cardboard can be custom made, and can take on just about any shape imaginable. It is low cost, since cardboard can be found almost anywhere and often for free. People who are interested in having a self-sustainable home should look into cardboard furniture as an alternative to metal and wood. Most cardboard can be recycled, so it is good for the environment. It's also a great way to change up your furniture without spending a ton of money. There are guides that can show you how to build your very own furniture from bookshelves to chaise lounges, entirely out of cardboard.
- Make Your Own – A few stunning examples of cardboard furniture, as well as resources to make your own.
- Cardboard Design – This site features countless designs in furniture and practical applications made of cardboard.
- Photo Gallery – Features everything from a bed to a bar!
- How to Make Cardboard Furniture – A step by step guide on how to make your own furniture out of cardboard.
- Cardboard Chair – This page takes you through the construction of a cardboard chair from start to finish.
- FAQ Page – Some questions and answers about cardboard furniture, plus simple instructions on how to make a very simple chair.
- Foldschool – This website provides patterns you can print yourself, along with instructions so you can make your very own cardboard furniture.
- Cartonniste – This designer offers up some amazing inspirations in cardboard furniture.
- Design Your Own – Use this guide to help you design your own cardboard furniture.
- Krooom – This environmentally friendly company designs and sells many different amazing cardboard furniture pieces.
- Frank Gehry – A photograph of a cardboard chair designed by the famous Frank Gehry.
- Cardboard Couch – This photo gallery shows how different teams at a university created their own cardboard couch.
- Building a Table – How to build a sturdy table from a corrugated cardboard box.
- Footstool/Chair – Use this handy printable pattern to fold your own piece of cardboard into a simple chair or stool.
- New Trends – A brief article about how one restaurant has converted all of their furniture over to cardboard.
- DIY Video – Video about how to transform cardboard into functional furniture.
- 10 Masters of Cardboard Design – Cardboard can be used for furniture, but also as art and other amazing functional pieces; here are ten designers who use this medium well.
- Cardboard Competition – Here are some photos of recent submittals for a cardboard design competition.
- The Cardboard Furniture Project – A cool site that shows how furniture is made from cardboard along with some pointers.
- Cardboard Storage System – A unique way to store items at home using cardboard instead of plastic or metal boxes.
- From Artsy to DIY – More excellent photos and explanations about how cardboard can be a sustainable and cool furniture type.
- 5 Ingenuous Designs – Here are five amazing cardboard furniture designs.
- Other Ways to Use Cardboard – Some furniture is included here, but there are also other amazing objects such as a cardboard bridge!
- Recycled Chairs – An interview with Gary Ramler, director of Ramler Furniture, which sells cardboard furniture.
- Cardboard Furniture Can Look Good – Just because it is made of cardboard does not mean it cannot be stylish.